Friday, August 10, 2012

Safer and Cheaper alternatives to tampons and pads!

SO, I haven't blogged for awhile, but I JUST got this crazy urge to send some info to a dear friend on alternatives to tampons and menstrual pads!! I have been using these cloth pads, from Luna Pads, since 2006/2007 since my periods started getting more painful, and as soon as I dropped tampons, I felt SO much better every month! PLUS, even though as a mommy it can be almost impossible to get consistent work-outs in, I notice that when I eat "cleaner", my flow is less intense, and when I exercise, my flow shortens by a DAY, if not more! BUT, these cloth pads not only save me the "pain in the ahem" of buying from the store, but they save me MONEY, I've had them for...what...5+ years, and they are still going STRONG, and they are WAY more comfortable than regular pads...PLUS, for those friends that feel tampons are a MUST, Luna Pads offers this thing called a moon cup, check it out! I personally think it is easier to use once having a kiddo ;] hehe
But I still personally like the ease of JUST using pads!
So, without further ado, HERE is the awesome website I LOVE. http://lunapads.com/
Now, fyi, this is a Canadian company, there are American companies too, http://www.newmoonpads.com/home.html
this is one of the larger sites here in the US...but for some reason, I really prefer Luna Pads!!

OK... just had to give my lady friends the down low on this, I truly believe menstrual pads and tampons have a negative effect on our feminine health, as well as the environmental impact...just like disposable diapers, and JUST like the negative impact on our health that birth control pills wage on our fertility and every other aspect of the monthly flow time. It is negative! Here is another option that I have been enjoying for YEARs...not to mention it is cheaper!
But how to wash these? I do a load of JUST these pads, and when I was washing cloth diapers, I would actually throw them in with the diaper load! So it's not that big of a deal...however, I did have to buy about 2 sets of these pads, and like cloth diapers, it IS an investment, but it pays off in LESS than a year;] ALSO, one last note for those of you seriously considering this option, I did also buy (in bulk, on Amazon) an all-natural, no chemicals added, panty liner for my extra heavy days when I know I DON'T want to have to deal with leaky undies;] I just found these by searching organic/all natural panty liners! I bought them in bulk about 3+ years ago, and am still going through it!! whoo hoo, and it was only like 50-60 bucks! OK, will stop now. Hope you all enjoyed this bit of info! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Nice. I have a Diva cup which I love! It's so nice not having to worry about tampons and pads. I also have a few cloth pads, but I much prefer the Diva cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'm so glad you like the Diva cup!! Thanks for the input;] So wonderful to hear other mamas chiming in about this!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to invest in these. I'm loving cloth diapering, so I might just have to get serious about cloth pads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally look into it! It's worth the money for the time it saves;]

      Delete